Sunday, July 1, 2007

Jubilation!

Today, as promised I made a pillock of myself. Hanging around a horse trials dressed in a ballgown does absolutely nothing for one's self esteem. I spent three or four hours there trying to maintain an expression of interested approachability. I suspect that what I actually achieved was an expression of near psychotic boredom. On the positive side it didn't rain (much) and managed to collect £22. I did feel (while begging and whining for a lorry) that the time should have been spent on the horses.
HOWEVER a lovely lovely kind lady called Sue Crane phoned after I had given up and gone home AND OFFERED US A LORRY ! THANK YOU SUE! Apparently it's called 'The Turd' (due to it's colour).... It sounds like the Ritz though, luxury living for the horse owner on the road! Our gratitude and relief knows no bounds.

By the time I left the trials both Shell and myself were in a state of despair, but that's all changed. Now we can concentrate properly on getting the horses and ourselves ready (the boys seemed quite disappointed when they realised they were only moving fields, not going for a hack).
Thanks are also due to Mike Lloyd from Easton Harriers, who let us use their secretary's tent today.
There really are some wonderful people out there :-)

No comments: